Association of Brokers & Yacht Agents (ABYA)
The ABYA membership logo represents a mark of distinction, and an assurance to the client that a strict code of practice is being followed.
Who are ABYA?
ABYA is a professional organisation for Yacht Brokers and Agents who sell new or used boats. ABYA endorse a strict code of practice that has been specifically written for conducting the business of yacht brokerage.
ABYA also run a Practical Yacht Brokerage Course. This allows members to keep up to date with both legal and technical aspects of boat sales, ensuring their credibility both to the client and within the legal system.
Qualified to Represent YOU
All Ancasta brokers are members of ABYA and follow a continuous professional development programme which includes the practical yacht brokerage course and subsequent training. Ancasta brokers subscribe to the ABYA code of practice for your complete peace of mind.
Whether you're thinking of buying or selling a boat, it makes sense to talk to an ABYA member:
- For the security of both buyer and seller, ABYA members are required to set up a client account with their bank that holds client monies in trust and does not form part of the broker's own accounts
- ABYA provides standard documents for the sale/purchase and listing of boats
- ABYA members hold Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance
- ABYA members work to the ABYA Code of Practice
- ABYA operates a Customs Warehousing Scheme allowing brokers to offer ex-VAT boats for sale in the UK
Customs Warehousing Scheme
ABYA Code of Practice
"The buying experience is excellent, by far the best that I have come across. This is both as regards the system, and the individuals who operate it. As one who comes from a consumer industry I would rate your team's performance as outstanding."
P Kinnersly, Bavaria 35HT