Is a Marine Survey Important?
Ensuring you Safeguard Your Investment
We don't need to remind you that boating can be a very expensive sport or past time – even more so if you purchase a vessel with pre-existing problems. A boat survey can ensure peace of mind.
- If you are intending to buy, insure, finance or commercially operate a boat, you should definitely have it professionally surveyed.
- If your boat has been damaged in any way, a professional opinion will establish the extent of any damage and help to oversee that repairs are made satisfactorily.
- A surveyor’s report will help you establish the true value of a boat and advise you of any unseen problems.
- A marine surveyor can help monitor a new build, check the quality of workmanship and see that installations fully comply with the specification.
- When buying a new boat a surveyor can help with a pre-delivery inspection and snagging prior to hand-over.
- A professionally qualified surveyor will work to an established code of conduct and should also be covered by professional indemnity insurance.
- In the event of an accident, a surveyor can be employed to ensure that repairs are appropriate and sufficient. If submitting a claim your insurer must agree to this.